The last couple of Food Revolution challenges were Barbecued Chicken, Yogurt Pops, Cupcakes and Fruit Salad. I make barbecued chicken all the time so the novelty’s worn off a bit, I don’t have kids so there’s no sense in making yogurt pops that no one will eat or cupcakes that I really shouldn’t eat and I like fruit salad well enough, but (even though it is National Blueberry Month) I’ve yet to make one that’s really worth a photo op. I’m still keeping to the “make it yourself” principals though, and enjoying the results.
On that note, I went a step further today and have invested in an office window Tiki herb garden. I’m looking forward to having my own herbs enormously and I read somewhere that having plants in your working environment is great for reducing stress. I think the article had something to do with how they keep the air cleaner but personally, I think it goes a long way to be around other living things and plants are great for that.
If you think about it, plants really are the ideal office company. They brighten up the place, they smell good, they don’t interrupt your phone calls, hog the copier or take the last of the coffee and leave the pot empty. The only thing I can think of that would be even better would be a dog (I’m workin’ on it).
In the meantime, I’ll be watching for little green shoots. I’ve got Chives, Rosemary, Sage, Coriander, Dill and just for fun I got some Celosia. They’re so pretty and they dry beautifully. The chives on the other hand already have me thinking baked potato thoughts. Yum!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)